Saturday, December 13, 2008

FYI - Solving the Problems of Ice Rinks We Call Streets

I received an email regarding on how to get the streets salted. I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt like my car was ice skating this past snow fall. Maybe if we all call, we can get our streets salted in a timely manner. Most of us are forced to be taxpayers, so let's get our money's worth.

Contact 311 and they will put a ticket in to salt your side street. I don't know how fast but they do put a ticket in and it is suppose to get done.

They also put a ticket in to track your alley as well.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah right, good luck with calling 311. I called several times over the last week for salting, no such luck. Our alderman SUCKS, our mayor SUCKS. We pay the highest taxes and we can't even have safe streets???

Anonymous said...

Everytime you call and request for a service before they hand up request for a tracking number!

Every call is issued a number which ties that request to the number.

Minimum get this number, even better to get the call operators name or some type of id number.

If after numerous calls and no serivice done, call and talk to a supervisor and lay out all the times called, dates, and tracking numbers and ask for punishment for jobs not being assigned.

Do this for everything you call for, not just for salting. It is time for our taxe dollars to be spent in the area we live in instead of everywhere else in the city

Anonymous said...

I do agree, the streets were like an ice skating rink. I even called the alderman's office and 311 because there was an unfortunate fire on the block and hours after the FD left the whole street was an ice pond. Sliding into your driveway or to park on the street is not safe for the neighbors nor any passengers in your car. Times are hard enough...I don't need my money going out to fix damages to my car or my neighbors car.

Search This Blog plus more