Monday, February 9, 2009

Did you know?

Most of the Catholic Schools/Parishes in the area have MANNA/TRIP? For those reading with your own child(ren), grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends' kids, etc., (public or Catholic educated) you can help the parish of your choice AND get credit for current or future tuition in a Catholic ran school. (*PC disclaimer - if you choose to go Catholic)

How? Many merchants participate in the program by allowing you to purchase gift cards or gift certificates through the parish that are used like cash at merchants’ places of business, or through their catalog if applicable. The merchants give the parish a percentage of the cost of the gift cards or certificates. Buying Manna/Trip is the same as buying them from a merchant; it’s worth the amount you pay for it. You can purchase Manna/Trip in advance and use it at your convenience. When you buy the certificates, a percentage of the cost is given to the parish and a percentage is "banked" for tuition. Many schools allow "banked" money to pay for CCD classes also.

Imagine, if you just had a baby, plan on sending them to public grammar school and a Catholic high school, you can buy your certificates and bank your credit for 13 years....you may actually get a free years tuition (or two)... Get your family on board with you and have them buy certificates too, the more you buy, the more credit you get.

This is free money...you are already buying gas for your car, groceries, clothes, eat out at restaurants, etc...why not get credit for it?

Just food for thought...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

St. Christina Manna Program is available at the rectory on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 1:30-2:30. Also on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-6:30. Give it a try. For every 100 you spend in Jewel/Dominicks/Family Pride you get $2.50 in a tuition credit.

Anonymous said...

Buy Dominick cards, get your gift cards and groceries at Dominicks (I cherry pick the sales) then for every $100.00 you spend you 10 cents a gallon, up to 35 gallons so Manna and gas!!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever done this program before. Just trying to see what kind of tuition credits you really can get.

Please let me know.

inandaround60655 said...

I do it. Last year I bought about $250 to $300 a week in Dominicks, gas cards and every week I would buy about $20 for whatever area restaurant I wanted to visit and I had almost $200 in tuition credit for the new school year. Some percentages are higher than others...Dominicks and gas cards were the lower percentages, if I went for high percentage items, I would have made a lot more. (I.e., American Eagle is 7.5% or something crazy like that, I bought the cards ($300) and went Christmas shopping for my kids, that alone gave me I think $25 in credit give or take)

Anonymous said...

We do it. We just received our credit and it was $150 off. What I like about the program is that you are not asking people to buy over priced crap that they do not need. We have some family members that buy their gift cards for special occasions (Christmas) and some that buy gas & grocery on a regular basis. I think it is just about the only program where YOU actually get something back. Every little bit helps. I like the way our school's (St. Barnabas) Manna program is set up as well. Very convient.

Anonymous said...

I can't speak for the Manna program, but I can say that purchasing gift cards over the holidays at Dominicks got me gas for $.63 cents per gallon....amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you know you can pay your Kohls or J.C. Penney credit card bills with manna. Just go to the store and pay with the manna gift cards. It is great.

Search This Blog plus more