Monday, December 29, 2008

60655 Blog

I just wanted to write a post to clarify my intention when starting this blog. I did it to give all 60655ers a forum to express their concerns about the neighborhood, to post news about the neighborhood and whatever else came to mind. This blog is supposed to be a positive thing. Please remember that this is a blog, not a news website. I moderate it, but ideas, news, concerns etc. come from you. Most post titles came from comments. I am a normal person, not a cop, reporter, the alderman or the mayor. I try to post whatever you comment on. I cannot confirm right away every piece of information that comes in and hope that you as readers can help with that and some have. Usually it takes me a couple of days to confirm something that is posted. Please take most of what you're reading with a grain of salt.

I also do make mistakes and sometimes things can get posted that shouldn't be and I appreciate it when called to the carpet on it.

I believe that this blog is a good thing and I am trying to make a difference. Over 1400 hits have been recorded in the 20 days this blog has been up and running. I hope that I am doing well and realize that I cannot please everyone. Everyone here has a choice of reading the blog or not. Thank you for your continued support.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent idea and the site is appreciated.

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job ... I like your idea to stop posting negative stuff ... no place for that here

Anonymous said...

This blog is so great and so needed. You are fulfilling a great need for the neighborhood.

Thank You whoever you are.

Anonymous said...

You steal all your stuff from Secondcitycop and the slumtimes! Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back

inandaround60655 said...

You steal all your stuff from Secondcitycop and the slumtimes! Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back

********

Sorry I didn't know that I was supposed to find the news myself. I'll make sure I follow everyone in neighborhood from now on to find original stuff.

Also, I don't steal it, as 1) I recognize the site it was taken from and 2) get it straight, most comes from the Southtown, not the Suntimes, I don't read the Suntimes. Like I said, it's your choice to read it. If you don't like what is posted, then don't read it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

boy...are there some really crabby patties out there! especially the big bad cop that says he will take no prisoners! i say to them to get a life. stop hiding behind your gun little man!

keep this a positive, informative site. i love the idea of voting on different things such as favorite restaurants and such!

keep up the good work blogmaster!

Anonymous said...

yea, dont let some of these crybabies get u down.

Anonymous said...

Like I said on one other thread, looks like Ginger Rugai has found this blog!

Anonymous said...

NO CRYBABIES ALLOWED. If you don't like it here on this blog go to the SCC blog!

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job, a real service for the neighborhood! If we all just ignore the cry babies (here and everywhere else) they'll get tired and eventually go away. Hopefully sooner than later! Thanks for the blog and the time and effort you put into it.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the blog and think you are ding a real service to the community

Anonymous said...

To the people of 60655 i posted a comment two weeks ago about two sexual assalt that happen in october and both are on trial now.
i heard there is four more ut the family donot want to press charges because there are embarrassed please dont think this way my understanding is these kids are under the age of 8 we have to stop this crap that is happening in 60655.

Anonymous said...

To the person who posted about the sexual assault:

Please proofread your work before you post, I had a hard time figuring out what you were trying to say. Before you type back that I am an idiot, this is not a dig at you, I just mean, double check your work.

Unknown said...

Hi Fellow "Mt. Greenwood-ians". I just want to inform you of a business in town. Homemade's The Best is a children's cooking course, but we've actually gotten so many requests for adult classes that we've added those too. Please check out our website. For those whose children have already participated, Thank You! For those who haven't, check it out. Thanks!
www.homemadesthebest.com

Anonymous said...

I found a small black and tan male dog at 103rd and Fairfield, call 773 841 6187 if this might be your dog.

Search This Blog plus more